Unmatched Security for Microsoft Dynamics
We take security very seriously. We follow ITIL and COBIT frameworks for IT best practices and apply that to all our facilities and systems.
Our Flint, Michigan data center has been audited to ensure compliance with the toughest security standards in North America.
Data Center Physical Security
All WatServ data centers are constructed to the latest standards for data centers. Building security is under monitored video surveillance 24x7x365. Access is by RFID authentication. Guests must present government issued photo ID to enter the building. Guests are via escorted access only.
Cloud Computing Network and System Security
The architecture of our Cloud Computing platforms employ Network and System Security technologies and methodologies designed to ensure the integrity and safety of the customer’s data. Specific Cloud Computing technologies or service offerings include:
Network Intrusion and Prevention
- All customer data passing over WatServ networks pass through WatServ’s redundant and scalable firewall architecture. These firewalls provide advance intrusion detection and prevention capabilities and protection against common service attacks such as denial of service (DoS).
- Additionally, all Dynamics ERP access is provide through WatServ’s secure application gateways. These are independent of our perimeter technologies and provide an added layer of security for both application access as well as highly encrypted delivery of applications over the public Internet.
Cloud Firewall and Network Services
- WatServ Customer’s have the option of three Firewall service offerings : Shared Firewall that provides great security at a very low cost; a dedicated Virtualized Firewall that provides greater flexibility to design custom security and access methods for the customer; or a dedicated physical Firewall appliance that offers the utmost in flexibility and performance.
- All Customer’s data and/or network traffic, regardless of the Firewall service offering chosen, travels over separate and dedicated VLANs for the utmost in security within the data center.
Cloud Anti-Virus and SPAM Services
- All WatServ managed Cloud Servers are delivered with Enterprise Anti-Virus and Malware detection and removal solutions to provide security against threats.
- Additionally, all WatServ Cloud Exchange mailbox’s come with scalable SPAM filtering systems to protect hosted mailboxes and local computers.
Backup and Data Protection
- WatServ offers a variety of Backup and Data Protection Cloud Services. Systems and data are backed up several times per day to secure, encrypted backup servers. Customers can determine their desired retention policies ranging from 7 days to months or years. Optionally, backup sets can be replicated to another datacenter or to off-site tape backup through our partnership with Iron Mountain.
- WatServ employs its Dynamics application knowledge and SQL DBA skills to provide further protection beyond just backup. Every customer is provided with monitored data and backup integrity jobs as well as performance profiling and index optimization jobs to ensure that the integrity of the data itself.
Cloud Computing Logical Security
- Logical Security consists of multi-level technologies to safeguard our customer’s systems, including secure access portals, user identification and authentication technologies, and strict change management for user access rights and authority levels.
- Our deep knowledge of the Dynamics ERP applications allows us to work with our Customers and Partners to tailor a security model beyond the perimeter.
Third Party Audits
Enterprise customers can feel confident that WatServ follows best-in-class standards for security. Our Flint, Michigan facility has been audited by third parties so that WatServ customers can satisfy the following requirements: